7863 Spring Trace, Brighton, MI 48114
CRorabacher@yahoo.com (810) 299-2883
Logistics Management / Supply Chain Professional with over 11 years experience designing, implementing, and executing transportation management initiatives among multiple organizations with varying degrees of market presence and strategic directives.
Strategic Planning / Pricing Analysis / Procurement Management / Project Management / Capacity Development / Performance Management
Extensive background driving key metrics with industry leading organizations in third party logistics, supply chain management, truckload operations, less than truckload operations, freight forwarding, intermodal, expedite, special services, distribution and warehousing operations.
Increased competitive presence through business development and cost reduction methodologies producing superior results for stakeholders.
Well accomplished in the areas of transportation management, pricing, procurement, project management, negotiations, performance management, capacity development, business development, and operations.
Personally developed and implemented successful company wide pricing strategies, objectives, and guidelines for freight brokerage division of a multi billion dollar organization.
11 years of successfully managing procurement objectives including contract negotiations, carrier pricing, capacity generation, carrier performance, and marketing initiatives leading to below market purchasing costs and improved service levels.
Routinely conducted extensive analysis on procurement costs, market demand indexes, capacity shortages, and freight densities.
Identified and communicated market trends, opportunities, strategic advantages and industry updates.
I created a cost and margin objective based pricing module delivering industry leading profit margins and improved business conversion rates.
Executed comprehensive bids, contracts, and ad-hoc pricing for all high end accounts and significant business prospects.
- Achieved 33.4 percent conversion rate on bids, contracts, and requests for proposals.
- 97 percent cost data accuracy driving the Pricing Module I created.
- Ad-hoc pricing conversion rate increase of 20 percent and a 2 percent increase in margin with the implementation of my pricing guidelines.
- Pricing Specialist for all domestic truckload movements.
- Created a market rivaling carrier benefits and recognition program including fuel purchasing discounts, quick payment options, special vendor discounts, and preferred carrier rewards.
- Increased contract carrier network by 62 percent.
- Doubled the size of carrier network through capacity generation and IT project endeavors.
- Implemented company policy for carrier qualifications by establishing safety standards, risk assessment, and other measures to reduce company liability and meet customer compliance.
- Increased monthly revenue from 50 thousand to consistently over a million dollars in less than nine months without adding personnel.
- Active member of a
- ISO 9001 Champion and active coach/trainer for company Quality Management System requirements.
- Facilitator for all new Customer Solutions Specialists training sessions and developed training manuals for new employees.
Logistics / Transportation Management
- Launched successful startup of brokerage offices for three companies, most recent launch immediately increased company annual revenue objective by 15 percent.
- Integrated business segments and expanded company service offerings from a mainly freight forwarding and warehousing focus to encompass the full suite of transportation services.
- Executed industry unique 3rd party capacity generation program quickly doubling revenue.
- Orchestrated collaboration between outside sales, operations, and management.
- Designed, created, and implemented Pricing Module which dramatically expedited turn around time on massive bids and request for pricing.
- Implemented a Pricing Matrix for auto rating and ad hoc pricing guidance on all lanes.
- Active in development of a dynamic on line load board with industry unique features.
- Developed Key Performance Indicators and designed projects to meet targets as well as operational reports to track progress.
- Supervised teams to complete performance metrics, sourcing information, and forecasting data retrieval from Transportation Management System to solve problems and analyze finances / budget.
ECONOMY LOGISTICS, Lansing, MI
Logistics, Manager, 12/08 to 03/09
Manager of Pricing and Procurement, 07/07 to 11/08
Brokerage Operations Manager, 07/06 to 06/07
SCHNEIDER NATIONAL LOGISTICS,
Carrier Sales Coordinator, 02/05 to 06/06
SIERRA AGRICULTURAL TRANSPORTATION,
C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE,
Transportation Sales, 02/99 to 08/03
EDUCATION / GROUPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree, April 1998
Majored in Integrated Supply Management
Associates in Arts
LinkedIn Public Profile, www.linkedin.com/in/crorabacher